We all feel like enhancing some part of our body, we all want to feel beautiful and change something about us. We all wonder how can cosmetic surgery help us in the process of building our self-esteem. Well, it does so on so many ways. One way is scar revision. It can even be done on long term scars that do not heal with time. A comprehensive method revised recently for carrying out scar revision is RecoSMA laser therapy. With the introduction of RecoSMA, the area of cosmetic surgery has gone through a revolutionary change and the outlook of people has changed as well.
What is Scar Revision?
Well, it is one of the common cosmetic procedures. Scar revision is a cosmetic surgery that is carried out to minimize and enhance the appearance of scars. The process also restores the function of the skin and corrects the changes caused by certain injury, wound, trauma, or poor healing from the previous surgery. Depending on the approach and the extent of the surgery, scar revision can be done under local anaesthesia, sedation, or even general anaesthesia.
There is no ‘good time’ to go through a scar revision procedure. The scars may shrink and go unnoticeable or disappear as they age. There may not even be a need for the scar revision procedure. It can be considered when it has been several months or even a year after the wound has healed and the scar has remained. For some scars, it is best to have revision surgery 60 to 90 days after the scar matures. All scars are different.
Approaches to Scar Revision
- The scar can be eradicated completely and the new wound is then closed carefully to minimize the original scar.
- Another option is dermabrasion. It involves the removal of the upper layers of the skin with a wire brush called a burr or fraise. After the procedure, new skin will grow over the affected area. Dermabrasion can also be used to smoothen the skin surface and reduce irregularities and roughness.
- Laser therapy can also be used to minimize the scar. The scar is reduced over several follow-ups and laser therapy.
- Large and massive injuries like burns can cause loss of a huge portion of the skin forming hypertrophic scars. Such types of scars have the capacity to even restrict the movement of muscles, joints and tendons. With surgery, extra scar tissue can be removed. It may involve a series of small incisions on both sides of the scar site, which create V-shaped skin flaps. This procedure is termed as Z-plasty. The result is a thin, less noticeable scar because a Z-plasty may change the appearance and the formation of the scar so that it can follow the natural skin folds and tightens the skin.
- Skin grafting another approach for a scar revision procedure. It starts with taking a thin layer of skin from a different part of the body and placing it over the injured area.
- Tissue Expansion- here small balloons are kept under adjacent normal skin and it is gradually stretched.it gives the best cosmetic results in term of colour match, tissue pliability.
Most effective laser therapy with a minimal complication known to derma medicine is RecoSMA laser therapy. It has several benefits. Understanding how RecoSMA or ‘cold laser’ therapy works.
RecoSMA aids skin metabolism and microcirculation which stimulates the generation of newer skin cells. The process of cell regeneration speeds up with proper nutrition and activation of the synthesis of collagen and elastic fibres accelerate resulting in tightening of the skin. It is a quick and painless laser therapy that does not require anaesthesia as well.
The laser causes no damage to any of the layers of the skin, including the epidermis. The functioning of the live cells remains constant. It also makes the skin look younger and shinier without causing any harm to the skin pigmentation and without changing the original colour of the skin.
With this procedure, the recovery is quick and there are no restrictions to sun exposure as well. You can return to your normal lifestyle in a few days. RecoSMA can be used on all the body parts including the delicate and sensitive parts. It also helps in getting rid of stretch marks, wrinkles, and other ageing signs as well.
Scar Revision at Arra Aesthetics
Being the only clinic in Pune providing RecoSMA laser therapy, we make sure that the services are of quality and precision. Arra Aesthetics is a known cosmetic surgery clinic in Pune. We here at Arra with the latest technology for RecoSMA, have helped a lot of our patients with scar revision surgery and getting them healthy and younger skin. The cosmetic surgeon at Arra, Dr Vasant Gholave is a cosmetic surgery expert and is also amongst the best cosmetic surgeons in Pune. He has practised medicine for more than a decade and has a high success rate. Visit us today and wait not for getting younger skin.